Ship sluice design ‘De Blauwe As’ at Assen, the Netherlands
The municipality Assen has commissioned Van den Herik Sliedrecht for the project 'De Blauwe As '. This project concerns the realization of a waterway in Assen. The aim of the project ‘Blauwe As’ is to make the area along the waterway more beautiful, livable and vibrant with a great amenity for the city and its inhabitants.
MH Poly has designed the complete ship sluice including the lower and upper sill and structures, waterway and sheet piling. The sluice differs from a conventional sluice by the combination of new, durable materials that connects to the quality plan of the municipality Assen. Also, the design takes into account the cultural and historical values of the area.
The constructive scope consists of:
1. the complete ship sluice design;
2. the vertical Bank protection (sheet pile);
3. Environmentally friendly Bank protection.
The work is carried out in different stages:
• Tender design
• Preliminary design
• Basic design
• Detailed design.
• Reports; Plan of approach, basis of design, sustainability, employment (social return), explanation of the drawings, time scheme, building phases and a 3D view.
• Design work and calculations on the ship sluice (sluice walls incl. dilatations, sills, balancing concrete-walls vs. insitu concrete), sheet piling (anchoring with innovative system as an alternative), ship guiding structures and the geohydrological work situation.
• Production of all drawings, different views, sections, details, form-and reinforcement drawings.
Van den Herik Sliedrecht