For contractor Besix Nederland Branch, MH Poly has checked the calculations, drawings and the safety plans for the roll-over and jacking operations, to be performed as part of the positioning of the new bridge in Limmel. This in close cooperation with Contractor and Subcontractors.
In the weekend of 20 and 21 August 2016, the 80 meters long and 396 ton bridge has been positioned by the use of pontoons, SPMT’s (Self Propelled Modular Transporters) and hydraulic jacking towers. The new bridge has a free clearance of 9 meters in height, required for passing container ships.
MH Poly has executed the independent third party check for Besix Nederland Branch for the roll-over and jacking operations, required for the positioning of the new bridge in Limmel, Maastricht.
Scope of work:
- Stability check of the pontoons.
- Verification of the lifting and transport calculations.
- Verification of the jacking calculations.
- Verification of the required TRA’s and LMRA’s.
- Checking of the drawings.
- Attendance at meetings.
- General advice for the works to be executed.
- Final reporting to Contractor prior to execution of the works.
-Bridge length 80 meters.
-Weight of bridge structure 369 ton.
-Quantity of jacking towers, 2 per lifting point.
-Quantity of pontoons, 2 assembled pontoons with a combined capacity of 1.194 ton and 1 pontoon with a capacity of 1.624 ton.
-Main Contractor Besix Nederland Branch.
-Roll-over and jacking activities by Hebo together with Mammoet.
Besix Nederland Branch