In the Dutch capitol Amsterdam, a new metro line is being realised, the North/South Line. Part of this metro line is an immersed tunnel under the existing Central Station. The existing foundation under the station was partly demolished and adjusted to make way for the immersed tunnel. This unique project was realized under very challenging circumstances and often in confined work spaces.
MH Poly advised on the design of the immersed tunnel under the Central Station and designed a guiding system for the safe transportation of immersed tunnel element under the Central Station in a very restricted area.
- Completion and check of Design Basis document for immersion of the tunnel element;
- Completion and check on immersion related engineering items;
- Design and advise on the immersion survey system;
- Design and advise on winching and warping system;
- Advise and coaching in drawing up the necessary method statements and checklists for execution;
- Active participation in the immersion team during immersion.
JV Strukton-Van Oord